Charlotte

Charlotte

Sunday, October 25, 2015

DAY TWENTY-THREE - Housebound (horror movie challenge - 31 days of horror)

DAY TWENTY-THREE - HOUSEBOUND (2013)
Housebound is one of my favorite films ever I think. This is my second time watching it and I enjoyed it just as much. It's a 2014 horror comedy from New Zealand, written and directed by Gerard Johnstone.

Kylie gets caught trying to steal an ATM machine and it's the last strike on her record, she is sentenced to house arrest and has to return home to live with her mom, Miriam, and her step dad, Graeme. Kylie doesn't get along with either of them and spends a lot of time moping around the house and being a brat. Miriam plays a mom so damn well. Just everything about her and the way she talks is completely on point. She's absolutely hilarious. And Graeme who barely says anything is just as funny.
Another character is the security contractor, Amos, who tracks Kylie's house arrest bracelet. When Kylie learns that her mother thinks the house is haunted she relentlessly teases her. But soon after she begins to experience the hauntings too. When her house arrest bracelet goes off for no reason, Amos shows up. To everyone's surprise he's also a paranormal investigator, and so the madness begins.

Kylie and Amos learn that the house Kylie grew up in used to be a sort of half-way house/hospital for the mentally unstable youth. A young girl was violently murdered in Kylie's room. As the two begin to dig deeper they begin to suspect Kylie's creepy neighbor was the murderer.

I won't say much more because the twist in the movie is absolutely hilarious and unexpected. 

Housebound's got that really dry wit that I find so hilarious and every single character, no matter how small a role, does a fantastic job.

The acting is pheneomenal and the story is perfect. It's an absolute joy to watch. Although it is quite a hilarious movie, there is a lot of blood and gore, and some jumpy parts. So it's definitely more horror than comedy.

I love this movie, you will too, I love it so much I named my blog after it. Go watch it! 10/10

So I didn't make it to Fright Nights, the damn trains in this city are so useless lately and they were broken down. Instead I carved my first pumpkin and watched my movie.


It's Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Now today I will carve the other three pumpkins and watch two horror movies so I'm back on track. Tomorrow begins Halloweek and I am so freakin' excited!

On Halloween night my besti Brenna is joining me for the annual watching of Halloween. This will be her first time watching it so I'll be interested to get her feedback!

Stay Spooky!


No comments:

Post a Comment