Charlotte

Charlotte

Friday, October 16, 2015

DAY FIFTEEN - All Cheerleaders Die (horror movie challenge - 31 days of horror)


DAY FIFTEEN – ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE (2013)

This movie was so cute!!!! All Cheerleaders Die is written and directed by Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson. It’s about a group of girls in high school who are chased off the road by the football team and die in a car crash only to be revived by the witchy goth girl at school. They come back with a thirst for blood and the ability to drain the life out of someone. They then seek revenge on the boys that did this to them while dealing with their new found powers, and internal drama.
Mitch watched it with me and found it super cheesey, but I found it cute and fun. It’s like a lesser version of The Craft. There’s definitely some cringe worthy moments and over the top dialogue….but that’s what most horror movies are like. All the girls are believable and emotional and fun to watch. All the boys are just awful and I’m glad they died. The effects were pretty good considering the budget of the film. The story itself had unique parts and was great to watch and follow along. The ending leaves it very open to the possibility of a sequel, although I haven’t heard anything yet.


There’s no jump scares. It’s not a scary movie in any way. It’s more of a slasher if anything because the girls, when killing, are quite violent and bloody. I would suggest it for sure and I’ll definitely watch it again. 7/10. - it's just charming. Watch it.


gif credit
 You guys remember in the first day of the challenge I spoke about a new show coming to Destination America called The Demon Files? We've got a trailer! And actually it looks pretty good. I'm excited for it. It's premiering November 1st at 10pm ET. Check out the trailer below:
I also watched a great trailer this week for an upcoming movie called The Boy. It stars Lauren Cohan from Supernatural and The Walking Dead and tells the story of an older couple who need a nanny for their little boy. Except the boy is actually a doll. Spooky shit.
Watch the trailer below:
The movie comes out in January of next year. Speaking of January, I just booked my tickets home today for January and I'm super excited to see my family and Oprah!! Fourth annual Oprah and Gayle sleepover!

Alright I'll see you guys back here tomorrow as we continue on this journey.

Stay Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment