Charlotte

Charlotte

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Day 21 - Bloodsucking Bastards - October Horror Movie Challenge

BLOODSUCKING BASTARDS (2015)

 
I track how many paperclips we use per quarter, you think I wouldn't notice a vampire company takeover?

Evan works as Acting Sales Manager for a call center along with his friend Tim. Tim and his coworkers are a bunch of slackers and the company is barely hanging on. Amanda is head of HR and was dating Evan until she told him she loved him and he panicked and responded with "...nnnnoooooo..."

Evan is expecting to be promoted to Sales Manager but is devastated when the Branch President hires someone outside to take on the role; Max. Evan and Tim know Max from college when Max stole Evan's girlfriend and then Evan got Max kicked out of college.


Instantly things start to change and people keep disappearing and then re-appearing paler than ever but Evan doesn't notice because he's too busy worrying about his upcoming sales pitch that could cement his position with the company.

When he finally notices, Tim and the security guard Frank have been noticing for awhile but have sort of just been watching it go on. The three of them team up to try and take back their office, and rescue Amanda from the pervy clutches of Max using only office supplies and the help of wikipedia.


Alright...what did I love about this movie?
  • SO MANY THINGS.
  • Surprise appearance by Matthew Lillard!? So random! Made me incredibly happy. And can I just say...he is aging very nicely. Like a fine cheese. Which I am allergic to.
  • Frank and Tim are comedic gold and had me cackling so many times. Franks obsession with red bull hit so close to home I was emotional.
  • The scene where Tim and Dave are calmly discussing how to kill each other and who should go first was absolutely hilarious.
  • I love that the vampires completely explode when you stab them "Wikipedia did not mention that..."
  • When Max was micromanaging the final fight scene, I was DYING!
What I didn't love?
  • This movie was perfect.

Overall?

This might be my second favorite horror comedy of all time. An absolutely hilarious and well done story. Its premise is simple but it works amazingly. This is just an absolute gem of a film.

Just the idea that the Branch President was sold the idea of turning the workers into vampires, and he thought, yeah alright that makes sense. Could bring in more profits. How many damn companies would totally agree to this if it was possible. And Max's backstory? Oh, I went to school in Romania. OH OKAY. It's just a simple movie but it works perfectly and I will be highly recommending this.

10/10

Stay Spooky! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment