Charlotte

Charlotte

Friday, October 28, 2016

Day 27 - Jaws The Revenge - October Horror Movie Challenge

JAWS THE REVENGE (1987)


When there is no factor motivating an event, no case of cause creating effect, what triggered the action: fate or circumstance? What you are about to see concerns such an event. Maybe you can determine whether we are dealing here, with circumstances, or fate.

SURPRISE...we're back at Amity. Brody has died of a heart attack leaving his wife Ellen and his two sons Sean and Mike behind. Mike is married with a young daughter and Sean is engaged. Sean is following in his Dad's footsteps and is a police deputy but one night when he's clearing a log from a buoy a great white shark attacks and kills him.

Ellen has a complete breakdown, and rightfully so, believing that this shark intentionally targeted Sean because clearly this family has killed more sharks than any other family on this planet. After the funeral, Mike takes Ellen back to the Bahamas with his family. Which doesn't really make much sense as Ellen is now convinced they're being stalked by a shark. BUT OKAY. Maybe try something inland next time?


At the island Ellen falls in love with a dashing, carefree airplane pilot while Mike gets back to work as a marine biologist. But as life begins to settle Mike encounters the same shark that attacked and killed Sean.

How is this possible? And is this shark really out to get the whole Brody family? And is Ellen mentally connected to the shark? WHAT AM I EVEN WATCHING...

Alright...what did I love about this movie?
  • Michael Caine playing Hoagie?! WTF?! What a happy surprise. He honestly made this movie for me.
  • Lorraine Gary is back as Ellen Brody and absolutely nuts but kicking ass!
  • The flashbacks were sweet and emotional.


What didn't I love?
  • Wtf was going on with that psychic connection? And are you telling me this shark swam all the way from Amity to the Bahamas to kill the Brody family? Who the fuck is this shark?
  • There was not enough shark attacks in this movie. So much dialogue, so much character development, KILL SOMEONE ALREADY.
  • This movie basically pretends Jaws 3D never happened. Which is fair.
Overall?

Basically this movie is usually what happens when you're four films deep into a franchise. You try and flip the story on its head and the creature becomes more and more powerful. We see it with Freddy, we see it with Michael Myers, after a certain amount of movies they basically become god like. This is what happens here. You're given a shark that is apparently so powerful it's become sort of psychic and all being.

The story was fun at first but then got boring and then got fun and then the shark exploded.

Weirdly enough...out of all the Jaws sequels I think Jaws 3-D was my favorite? Then Jaws 2 and then this one.

5/10

Tomorrow I fly to Kauai and try to become a shark whisperer! And today was my Halloween extravaganzaaaaaaa. I will keep blogging for the rest of this challenge. I'll just be doing it from another country.

Here's some photos from today:


My coworkers' husband made me my own banner because I am the Halloween QUEEN.


At one point I removed my Negan costume, put on a cape, then wore a spider like a backpack and then stole a skull staff....why? because I'm the Queen of Halloween...


Also our office neighbors pranked us after we pranked them but they did it better. This is one part of it and I love him. We are putting him at my desk while I'm gone. Won't be much difference. I LOVE YOU TALENTCORPSE!!!!!!!!

Stay Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment