Charlotte

Charlotte

Friday, August 14, 2015

Biased selection of horror news

Well we're one week closer to Halloween and I've spent my week reading the Devil's Knot and getting increasingly angry over a case that happened in the early 90's. I don't think I've ever felt so angry reading a book before, I just want to reach through the pages and throttle the judge and the cops. And of course, even though I've seen it all before, I'm falling down the rabbit hole and watching Paradise Lost all three parts, while also reading the book. Send help.

"I am neither a freak, nor a monster. I was basically a victim of circumstance."


I've also been writing my presentation titled "The History of Horror - A Three Part Retrospective". It's for a lunch and learn I'm doing at work and it's going to be SO much fun. I have a game planned and a power point presentation with video clips and photos. I'm hosting it on October 30th and it's also going to be our Halloween party.

In the horror world there's been some great stuff coming out this week, so lets talk about it!

Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th is getting a re-release on Blu-Ray and DVD, and various digital platforms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeyyy!!!!!!!!!!
There's nothing new added so don't get too excited, BUT it's a great re-release and with a new Friday the 13th movie being released next year, it's a great way to catch up and get back in the mood.

 
Crystal Lake Memories takes us behind the scenes on the epic journey of the 80's franchise that's continued on into 2009. There's never-before-seen photos, film clips, outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage to answer every question you've ever had.  They interview more than 150 cast and crew members who are just as passionate as the fans.

You can pre-order it on Amazon right now and I'm sure a bunch of other great places and it'll be officially released September 8th.

Watch the new trailer here

credit

In a strange coincidence, the book that's next on my reading list, was in the horror news this week. The Devil In The White City: Murder, Magic And Madness At The Fair That Changed America is a non-fiction book written by Erik Larson and will be adapted into a movie by Paramount with Martin Scorsese in the director's chair and Leonardo DiCaprio playing the lead.

 
The Devil in the White City, while non-fiction, is presented in a novelistic style making it an interesting read and a page turner. It tells the tale of the notorious Dr. H. H. Holmes who had a hotel in the Chicago during 1893. While that sounds innocent enough, the hotel was also known as Holmes' "Murder Castle". He killed somewhere between 27-200 victims in that hotel using his gas chamber, crematorium, and dissecting table. Wiki that shit right now because it's fascinating.

 
Leonardo DiCaprio supposedly bought the rights to this book back in 2010 and now we finally have some news. Although this is all the news we've gotten so far, it's still very exciting.

Once I read the book I'll report back.  


This week we were also given our first official teaser trailer for the A&E show; Damien. The show was written by and will be executively produced by Glen Mazzara who you may know for his amazing work on The Walking Dead. So I have complete faith we're in good hands.

The series will be a direct sequel to the 1976 blockbuster film The Omen. Within it's ten episodes we will follow the adult life of Damien who was the anti-christ child in the film. He has somehow grown up completely unaware that not only is he the anti-christ but that satanic forces are everywhere around him. So this show will be him discovering his true calling I guess. It sounds a little hokey spelled out like that but we'll see.

Anyway...watch the trailer here



I was successful in my first Halloween shop of the year:

Spiderweb and Pumpkin face mugs, two packets of glow in the dark rings (spiders and skulls) and a black cat for Tony to destroy


A weird Halloween themed sock monkey and a bejeweled glitter covered jar titled spider legs


Two adorable Halloween bowls

 And this great sign!

Tomorrow I'm leaving the house and going to a stagette. I don't know who I am anymore. But for tonight I will be down the West Memphis Three rabbit hole.

Till next time,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment