Charlotte

Charlotte

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Live from a laundromat - horror decorations and a rock opera

Guys,
I am coming to you live from a laundromat.
I live a crazy life. I know.

But a quick update because I got an email from Spirit who is the company that has those awesome but overpriced Halloween popup stores every year, showing off their new home decorations. And let me just say...this might be the best year yet.

And quick note; when you buy their stuff online it's actually hella affordable, but shipping outside of America can be a tough pill to swallow. It's better to do bigger orders.

Here's some of my favorites but honestly, it's a great haul this year, go check it out and try not to spend all your money:

I love all things skeleton and have a pretty large fake skeleton collection already. I even got my first frog skeleton this year (see an earlier post). Oh, I also found a real bird skeleton in the woods once and brought it home with me and put it on our front porch. When our landlord was trying to rent the place to an old lady she lost her mind when she saw the bird skull and was convinced satanists were living there before her.....
I mean, she's not far off.


 This gives me hella Stephen King vibes ya'll and I want him to grace my home. A creepy, decrepit, music making monkey.

A couple just came into the laundromat asking if it was a restaurant. I mean, look around? It's not some new age restaurant where we eat fancy meals in a "laundromat setting".


 This beautiful baby. HOW CUTE AND EVIL.

Oh god, a man just sat right across the table from me. TOO CLOSE HUMAN, TOO CLOSE. This is uncomfortable. There's so many other places to sit. ABORT.

HOW FLAWLESS ARE THESE SIGNS? These are so great and unique and I want the Jason one to hang in my bathroom next to my water color portrait of Hannibal. These are so great. I'm crying.

This is the year I buy a zombie baby. Ever year I look at these munchkins and I am so sad I can't buy one. Usually it's been because I can't justify spending $40+ on a creepy, rubber baby. But I'm doing pretty well for myself this year and that means this is the year I buy one. The decision about which one will be so hard. But "snack time" zombie is amazing.

Check out all their stuff here they also have Halloween costumes and accessories and usually have pretty good sales. 

The guy across from me is now reading the newspaper to himself out loud. He's also licking his finger everytime he turns the page. THAT IS A COMMON ROOM NEWSPAPER. THIS IS HOW THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GETS STARTED.

You know what's really depressing? The wifi is better in this laundromat than it is in my home.


Last night I finally watched Repo! The Genetic Opera which is an American splatterplunk, rock opera, musical comedy, horror film (say that three times fast) from 2008. I know there's quite a cult following around this film and The Devil's Carnival which is from the same guys? I think? I always see those two movies roped together so I'm just assuming.

The man across from me just answered his phone and is now yelling down the phone. I can hear him over my headphones. This is why I never leave the house.

Repo is based on the 2002 musical of the same name. The movie stars Giles from Buffy, the little girl from spy kids, and Juliet's Dad from the modern re-telling of Romeo and Juliet. Oh, and Paris Hilton.


This movie has hella bad reviews online but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. A gothic musical set in a fucked up future where everyone dresses in black and has surgery to replace their organs with new and improved ones which is all the rage. But when people can't keep up on their surgery payments, a mysterious and violent figure called the Repo Man comes to repossess the organs...FROM YOUR BODY (while alive, I might add).

Honestly, that's all you should know going into it. I had no idea of the story line except that it was a rock opera and I loved it. Just discovering the story and the characters and all the intricate lies and bizarre ways of this future world was a joy. I want to live there. And you know what? Paris Hilton wasn't even the worst actor. But she did look stunningggggg.


Now I'm curious to watch The Devil's Carnival and find out more.

Well, as long as I survive this laundromat experience I will be back next week with some more updates. I've noticed a big rise in viewers and I just want to say thank you for reading this ridiculous little horror blog and if you ever want to comment, please feel free, it would honestly make my day. And if there's any movies you want me to watch and review, or books you would like to recommend....feel free :)

Stay spooky!


No comments:

Post a Comment