Charlotte

Charlotte

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Horror Movie Challenge Day 7 to 9

So here's what happened; I changed the list. Just like last year. I clearly cannot commit to a set list of 31 movies. Maybe I have commitment issues? Idek. Either way, my next three movies are not what they're supposed to be. But since I made the list. Fuckkkk it.



Horror Movie Challenge DAY 7-9
(Where I am challenged to watch a horror movie 31 days in a row)
DAY SEVEN:
Kantemir 
I will confess....I did not finish this movie. It was awful. I hated everything about it except Robert Englund. And not because it was low budget and badly acted but because this story could've been so great but it wasn't. It was like someone half assed the script and these poor actors and actresses had to go along with it. I won't tell you not to watch it, but I would say....don't rush off to find out for yourself I guess.
Premise is a bunch of actors go off to a creepy old mansion to rehearse for a mysterious play and things happen. Let's just say fantasy blended in with reality, and not in a good way at all. Robert Englund was on point though, but when he wasn't on screen I was just waiting for him to show up tbh.
0/10
DAY EIGHT:
American Horror Story: Freakshow premier
Yep. I'm counting this as my day eight because it was almost the same length as a movie and I love AHS more than anything so fack you. And what a fucking flawless premier this was. Everyone was at their best including the writers, the score, the costume, the pacing etc etc. Every detail was perfect. Set in 1950's Jupiter, Florida, a group of traveling "Freaks" find themselves in a town not willing to welcome them, and a whole wack of murders that they may or may not be responsible for. Also a terrifying clown named Twisty. Also Jessica Lange singing a David Bowie song. Also Jessica Lange in a powder blue suit. Also Jessica Lange. 
The opening credits were absolutely beautiful and creepy in a sort of subtle, magical and childish way. There was a certain amount of gore that we haven't really seen from past seasons that I could appreciate. And I am so ready for this season. SO READY FOR IT.
10000/10
 DAY NINE:
House on Haunted Hill
An "eccentric" millionaire invite fives strangers to a supposedly haunted house where he will offer them $10, 000 each as long as they stay the entire night. But when his sassy and beautiful wife starts warning the others of her husbands' psychotic behaviors and ghostly things start to happen, it doesn't seem so easy for all the guests to spend the night.     
This is the original 1959 version with my main squeeze Vincent Prince. I remember catching this late one night on my TV when I was probably 12 or 13 and being terrified by it and I just noticed it was on netflix so I changed my list to incorporate it RIGHT NOW. (I'm literally watching it as I type) Because that is the beauty of this film; as cheesey as the effects are....they still get you every single time. By relying on darkened sets, a perfect score, and a theatrical style of acting, you can still jump out of your skin watching this old film. Which I suppose is what makes the horror classics...classics. 
10/10
  

No comments:

Post a Comment