Charlotte

Charlotte

Friday, October 17, 2014

Horror Movie Challenge Day 13 to 15

Wow I've fallen behind. I need to binge watch like three movies tonight just to catch back up. In my defense I have been knocked on my ass by the flu this week and barely remember the start of the week. But I also have a Halloween convention this weekend which will throw off my usual weekend horror movie binge. Ah well. I'm determined to finish this year though.


Horror Movie Challenge DAY 13-15 
(Where I am challenged to watch a horror movie 31 days in a row)



DAY THIRTEEN
Torment
I'm a complete sucker for anything Katherine Isabelle does. I am so in love with her. So Torment was next on the list of her movies I hadn't seen and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Nothing to write home about for sure, but it was entertaining and enjoyable. A father and his new wife and his son visit the old family cabin for the first time since the death of the mother. Unfortunately someone's been crashing in the upstairs bedroom and yeyyy it's a dysfunctional psycho killing family!!
The only thing I couldn't stand about this movie? The little boy. Oh my god I could've slapped him. He was actually so irritating to the point where I was like, you know what, just murder him, it's fine.
The best part was that the psycho killer family tore the heads off of giant stuffed animals and made them into masks which was hella creepy and I lovvvvedddd it.
7/10


DAY FOURTEEN
American Horror Story: Freakshow 
Episode 2: Massacres and Matinees
Could this flawless show get any better? The answer is yes. Yes it can. In this episode we are introduced to newcomers to the freakshow; Desiree Dupree the hermaphrodite and Dell Toledo the strong man. We got a really perfect and horrifying discovery of a severed head in a toy shop which was so perfectly pulled off I almost cried. We learnt more about Dandy and his psychopathic tendencies, we watched Twisty fuck shit up for everyone once again and we saw as the town of Jupiter became more and more terrified and paranoid of the "freaks". For AHS I feel like this season is pretty slow moving, it feels like Ryan Murphy is really taking his time this season to tease everything out and it's super refreshing.
9/10


DAY FIFTEEN
Ghost Ship
This movie is just terribly great. I remember watching it as a kid and being terrified but have watched it a few times as an adult and been like oh okay. But for some reason I keep coming back to it? Maybe it's Karl Urban looking like a pirate? Maybe it's the secret dream of mine to explore an abandoned ghost ship? idk. But I do secretly love this film. And you have to admit....that opening scene...*muffled groaning* IT'S SO GOOD. SO DAMN GOOD.
Premise of this movie? Basically what the title tells you. A group of boat-salvagers are given a tip about a mysterious ship in the middle of the ocean with no one aboard. They head out to claim it for their own but while boarding the ship they start to encounter mean ghostly spirits who don't want anyone to leave alive.
The movie is pretty exciting, more adventure and cheap thrills than anything else. And a very young Emily Browning completely steals the film.
7/10

Now watch the opening massacre and bow down to this flawless scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment