Charlotte

Charlotte

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Horror Movie Challenge Day 16 to 18

Horror Movie Challenge DAY 16-18 
(Where I am challenged to watch a horror movie 31 days in a row)


DAY 16
The Walking Dead Season 5 Premier
No Sanctuary
Confession: I never watched last season of The Walking Dead. I was so angry that the Governor escaped and Merle got killed, that I basically just pretended the show ended there. Then on a whim I decided to watch the premier and I was actually hella impressed. Super action packed, gory, bad ass etc etc. I was super confused but still enjoyed it immensely. So now I'm slowly watching last season to catch myself up. But I've heard that this season will follow along with the comic books a lot more so I am SO here for this and I am hooked once more. Time to break out the action figures!!
9/10


DAY 17
The Raven
This movie has so much potential. John Cusack playing Edgar Allan Poe, creepy murders, dark gloomy scenery. But it just falls so flat. Even the references to Poe's great stories and poems feel completely forced. The movie is just boring and it feels like something is missing.
3/10


DAY 18
Twixt
This was a completely random choice based purely on the fact Elle Fanning is in it. I was pleasantly surprised and when the film ended I looked up reviews only to find that I may be the only person in the world that liked this movie? It was gothic and dark and dreamy and confusing and mystical. Starring Elle Fanning and Val Kilmer and written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. It tells the story of a washed up writer finding a bizarre cursed town and getting caught up in a murder mystery.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment