Charlotte

Charlotte

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Horror Movie Challenge Day 4 to 6




Horror Movie Challenge DAY 4 - 6
(Where I am challenged to watch a horror movie 31 days in a row) 



DAY FOUR:
Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors
Oh yeah, another Elm Street film. Fair warning; I got a little intense on Robert Englund's imdb page and added like half his movies to my list. I was feeling all warm and fuzzy and supportive after seeing him in person for my birthday. Anyway, never seen this one before but always hear great things. Everyone was right. This was completely enjoyable and one hell of a fun ride. You don't need me to tell you to watch an Elm Street fim....just do it.
9/10


 DAY FIVE:
Hello Herman
Before you jump down my throat, I am fully aware this isn't a horror film in any way shape or form. But it's my list, and I've been meaning to watch this film for months and months, and technically a school shooting is a form of horror in itself. I really wanted to deeply love this film but it really came up short. Basically a kid shoots up a school and then an online interviewer with a confusing and shady past interviews him trying to figure out why he did it. I finished this film with a lot of unanswered questions and a longing to feel something deeper emotionally.
6/10


DAY SIX:
All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
 A typical film about a bunch of drunken, sex crazed, drug induced teenagers heading off to a non cell-phone reception ranch to party the night away except jk they get murdered off one by one. I was about ready to give up on this film three quarters of the way through as I couldn't see a bright future but the twist thrown in at the end kept me awake for a little bit longer. I'm not saying the twist was ground breaking and holy shit worthy, but I didn't see it coming....probably because I was half asleep...but still interesting enough to take me to the end. The homicidal maniac is easy to figure out after about ten minutes and although the deaths are extremely violent, all in all this film did nothing for me. I thought it was an interesting commentary about the female body and power in high school but when reading various reviews online about this film, I seem to be the only one that thinks that? So maybe I'm reaching. Either way, I wouldn't recommend, and I may watch it again in the very distance future if only because I've forgotten I even watched it in the first place.

6/10 (for the ending and my delusions on the deeper meaning of the film)

Up Next:
Day 7: Kantemir (2014)
Day 8: Sanitarium (2013)
Day 9: Saw (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment