Charlotte

Charlotte

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Horror Movie Challenge Day 19 to 21


Horror Movie Challenge DAY 19-21
(Where I am challenged to watch a horror movie 31 days in a row)


DAY 19
Bride of Chucky
This is such a cheat and I'll admit. I did this movie last year for my challenge. And I watch it like four times a year regardless. BUT this year I got the opportunity to watch it with two people who had never seen it before and it was almost like watching it for the first time again. Such a great, fun, violent, cheesy, hilarious film starring our favorite possessed doll: Chucky. Also there's doll sex....soooo.....I mean, I don't know why you're not watching it right now tbh. And if anyone is stuck on what to get me for Christmas, it's a Chucky doll. It's always a Chucky doll. (Someone please get me a Chucky doll.)
9/10

DAY 20
See No Evil 2
This perfect and wonderful movie was directed by two of my role models; The Soska Twins, the writers and directors of American Mary (if you haven't seen this movie yet, you are so missing out). It stars scream queens Katherine Isabelle and Danielle Harris and wrestler Kane, along with a wonderful cast of delightful people. The movie is a sequel (obviously) and picks up right where the last left off. This movie is literally set like two hours after the last movie ended. All the kills were creative, violent, gross enough to enjoy but not too gross to feel uncomfortable. Katherine Isabelle is addictive to watch and actually kind of drowns out Danielle which sucks for Danielle. But I loved the ending a lot, which I obviously won't go into here.
Overall it had a very comforting 80's slasher flick vibe to it and I'm extremely proud of those incredibly smart and clever women who keep inspiring me with every film they make.
9/10


DAY 21
American Horror Story: Freak Show
Episode 3: Edward Mordrake Part 1
It's getting close to Halloween which can only mean American Horror Story two parter Halloween episode tiiiiimmeeeee. This is the first part and introduces us to a whole bunch of exciting new characters. We're also introduced to our central theme for these two episodes; Edward Mordrake who is an evil spirit that comes to a freak show every time they perform on Halloween, which is apparently not allowed. This episode overall has been the weakest of the three. It was slow and dramatic and emotionally heavy and not what we usually see for these two part Halloween episodes. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, a bad AHS episode is still better than 99% of TV, but it definitely felt lacking of a certain something. I'm sure part 2 will come in like an atom bomb and blow us all away though.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment