Charlotte

Charlotte

Monday, March 6, 2017

Stephen King, Split, George Romero and other news!


Guys,

I failed.

I made it what...two weeks? Not even? Of writing three times a week. IN MY DEFENSE...work took a turn (for the good!) and I've have been throwing myself into that. And as much as I love you and this website, I do not make a dime off of this. And someone's got to pay for all these horror movies I watch! And that is me. I pay. Most of the time. Although, I am working on something with Morbidly Beautiful which is pretty cool. You can check out my article over there right now showcasing the amazing women of the Scream franchise, Scream Article

ANYWAY

Here I am....let's talk about some good old fashioned horror news shall we?


Obviously this wouldn't be Horrorbound without a Stephen King update, and this master of horror has seen IT....and he liked it! And we can trust him. He's super vocal when he doesn't like something. Just the other day I saw him casting shade on twitter about The Shining. Producer of IT, Seth Grahame-Smith let everyone know on instagram what King thought by sharing an email:

Steve asked me to pass along that he saw a screening of IT today and wanted to let everybody know that they should stop worrying about it as the producers have done a wonderful job with the production.

Honestly, I cannot wait for this fucking movie. It hits theaters September 8th and I am counting down the FREAKIN' DAYS. Also, I am currently re-reading Under the Dome and I truly forgot how addicting and wonderful this book was. I feel like when I tried to watch the TV show it tainted my memory of this actually amazing story.

Speaking of IT, a newly updated listing has popped up on the internet saying that the filming for the second half of the IT movie begins on March 17th, 2017 which is kind of insane considering they're not even waiting for box office numbers to jump right in. BUT I AM HERE FOR IT!


In Split news, it remains amazing and I am smug as hell, but we also have a release date - coming to Digital HD on April 4th and on Blu-ray and DVD and On Demand April 18th. So if ya'll wanna get me a birthday gift.......it's on the 21st.
But the best part about this DVD release is the features - deleted scenes, a look at the making of the film, AND A NEVER BEFORE SEEN ALTERNATE ENDINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!


In podcast news Mick Garris has a new one for us called Post Mortem where bi-weekly he delivers us great interviews with horror icons. Mick Garris is of course one of my favs because he's tackled Stephen King adaptations including The Stand. He also brought us Psycho 4 and directed Dead of Summer. Garris also brought us the amazing anthology series Masters of Horror which was on Showtime. He's a passionate, knowledgeable host.

The first one was Rob Zombie and it was amazing. He was so candid and funny as always. This weeks' features John Landis and Joe Dante and while I haven't listened just yet it sounds amazing - they discuss politics in horror. Go download on itunes now!


And lastly, I saw this trailer for an upcoming documentary series called "Untold Horror" and it's genius. I can't wait! This will cover all those projects that were never made and will feature interviews with filmmakers like John Landis and George Romero. They'll talk in detail about the projects they almost made. And just hearing about a few of them in the trailer made me so angry - SO MANY COOL THINGS COULD'VE BEEN MADE.

The series was conceived in 2015 by Dave Alexander and Mark Pollesel and asks the questions whatever happened to that movie? Together, along with Bob Barrett and Kevin Burke, they'll uncover exactly what those never-seen projects from those great horror directors were really all about.

Check out the trailer below. As of right now there's no premier date but I'm crossing my fingers it comes out soon.

Alright that's it for now!

Sorry for all the yelling - I'm in a weird mood.

Stay spooky!

(Hopefully I can get back to my three a week schedule when things die down. But for now we're back to sporadic posts. But did you really expect anything less?)




No comments:

Post a Comment