Charlotte

Charlotte

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Year of the King baby! IT trailer and stills and poster, oh my!


Oh boy you guys....this Stephen King fan is a goddamn happy camper this week!

We got stills from IT, we got a teaser trailer for the trailer, we got a poster, and today we got THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know what...I'm fucking sold. This movie is going to be the best Stephen King adaptation that ever was and will cure all my ailments.

And now you're probably thinking....okay, chill the fuck out, how much cold medicine have you ingested today...and the answer is a lot BUT...read below and then fight me if you think differently:

First let's take a look at the stills:




We get our first good look at the Loser's Club - Stan, Richie, Mike, Bill, Bev, Ben and Eddie. And we get some more sneak peaks at IT's clown form - Pennywise.

I'm already in love with all those adorable kids...AND I HATE KIDS! But these I love. The Loser's Club will always be #1 in my heart.

Now let's take a look at the poster:


AMAZING. We see little Georgie standing in front of Pennywise with the iconic line, you'll float too. Cause we all float down here...

Then today the trailer dropped and all my dreams came true:


I mean goddamn.

We open up on Georgie and Bill making the sailboat and Georgie taking it outside to float in the flooded gutters. It already feels like I'm watching the novel come to life. We see Georgie's boat slide right into the gutter and into the waiting hands of Pennywise.

We see flashes of the film with the voice over talking about how Derry has a higher than average missing persons. Next is Ben in the library, seeing a strange red balloon float by...and we all know what happens next. Cut to the loser's club exploring the sewers and coming to the realization that they're all being tormented by the same creature who comes to them in different forms. Then comes an already iconic sequence in which the projector takes on a life of its' own and shows a photograph turning into Pennywise. Of course, this wasn't in the book, but is a play on the scene with Bill's photo album. We see various frightening scenes including what I can only hope to be the night club that burns down and was left out of the original movie but plays a HUGE, horrific part in the novel. We see the sink scene that traumatized an entire generation of us (I still can't look directly into a drain).

AND THEN...we end on a scene where Bill is taunted by the "ghost" of Georgie. And this fucking scene....THIS SCENE RIGHT HERE...is why I am positive this movie will be amazing. It gave me goosebumps and it captured exactly what IT is about.

YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!

So yeah, I'm amped. Watching this trailer made me feel like the pages of the book I love so incredibly much has come to life. And I cannot FREAKIN' wait to watch this opening night.

IT comes to theaters September 8th.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough King news for you?

King himself sneakily dropped the cover of his next book on twitter today:



Co-written with his son Owen, Sleeping Beauties will tell the story of what happens to the world if all the women fell asleep and became shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If the gauze is tampered with the women wake violent and feral. So the men of the world are abandoned and obviously the world falls apart. But one woman is immune. Set in a small town where the primary employer is a women's prison, Sleeping Beauties is going to be a must read come September.


I know I keep yelling about this but it is truly the year of Stephen King....and in fact you can check out my top ten favorite Stephen King villains over at Morbidly Beautiful and follow me all year while I continuously get so excited I lose my goddamn mind.

He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

Stay Spooky, constant readers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment