Charlotte

Charlotte

Friday, February 17, 2017

FRIGHTFUL FRIDAY - Stephen King, Get Out, Stranger Things, and Halloween


Hey guys!
Welcome to my new and improved layout of the blog, and by layout I mean attempt at posting way more often so I've given myself a strict schedule. And by attempt I mean....ya'll have been with me for awhile now and you know I am terrible at stuff like this. But if I want to move this blog to a real domain by the end of the year I need to work harder. I will also need help. BUT....let's worry about that later.

Here's the new schedule:


And since it's Friday....it's time for my wrap up of the horror news from the week. This is super specific to my tastes and not very helpful. But that is no surprise to ya'll.

First up?

Stephen King has seen Gerald's Game. I REPEAT...Stephen King has seen Gerald's Game. Which I may have talked shit about a few posts ago. But King is putting his seal of approval on this so now I'm finally starting to get excited.
Directed by Mike Flanagan (Hush, Ouija sequel) and funded by Netflix, Gerald's Game is of course based off of the book by the same name, released in 1992. Gerald's Game is from one woman's perspective as she lays handcuffed to a bed after her husband died during some sexy time.
And here's what he had to say:


Oh my dear Stephen. You better be right. You've never let me down before....


Coming next week is the much anticipated film Get Out, the directorial debut from Jordan Peele and ohhhhh boy does it look good. It got a lot of great reviews from the festival circuit and people are really starting to hype this thing up. Get Out follows Chris as he visits his girlfriend Rose's family for the first time. He's invited to a weekend getaway in the family home upstate and at first the family is overly accommodating which Chris reads as an all white family trying to deal with their daughter being in an interracial relationship, but soon realizes something more sinister is going on. BUT OMG WHAT IS IT?! Every time I watch the trailer I just get so excited. I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE.

Also there's no news or anything about this film, I'm just super stoked it comes out next week you guys. Get Out stars Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Catherine Keener, and Bradley Whitford. 


IT LOOKS SO SCARY


HALLOWEEN IS COMING....
And there's lots of info pouring out all over the place so let's try and make sense of it all. First of all John Carpenter, who is going to be executive producing this bad boy, went on Facebook and announced the director.

So you say you want a Revolution?
You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?
Well so do I.


David Gordon Green will be directing and Danny McBride will be co-writing it with Gordon Green. I am here for this trend of giving comedy directors horror movies! Blumhouse will be producing. Carpenter mentioned that it was actually McBride and Gordon Green who sold him on the idea of this rehash based on their pitch. I mean...woooow.

"David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.
I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.
And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.”

McBride and Gordon Green recently spoke with Cinemablend and dropped the bomb that this won't be a remake as we all suspected but actually a continuation of the story. They will be focusing mainly on the first two movies and going from there. They also promised to do a "straight-up horror" film. MUSIC TO OUR EARS RIGHT?!

Look forward to this arriving October 19th 2018. Only a year and a half away, I say, confidently, sobbing.

 STRANGER THINGS

During the Superbowl we were treated to a trailer for Stranger Things season 2. And there's a fucking massive monster in there that made me so happy I made Mitch re-watch it about 5 times. LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!




But we have to wait until Halloween which feels like forever away but also gave me a great theme idea for my epic work Halloween party.....

Anyway, let's wrap up the news...first up:

 Netflix has released five new images from season 2!






So many exciting things!!!!!!! We also know that Eleven is back because we see her in the trailer, and we all kind of assumed she would be based on the ending of season one but now we have confirmation. And she has a cute new 80's hairstyle!



We have two new kid characters joining us: Sadie Sink and Dacre Montgomery but we're also going to see some new adults, one being Linnea Berthelsen who is playing a young woman living outside of town who is tied to the lab. The one I'm most excited about is Sean Astin who is playing a former classmate of Joyce and Hopper. 

I can't wait to see what's happening and is Will still puking up those slugs? And WHAT IS THAT GIANT MONSTER?! And what's happening with the lab? AND GHOSTBUSTERS COSTUMES! AND MORE 80'S REFERENCES!

IT'S ALL SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway,
That's it for my weekly wrap up of my personally and selfish curated horror news. Will you be going to see Get Out next week? Any theories on Stranger Things season 2? And what exactly is going to happen in this Halloween film...Halloween 3.0...if you will? Leave a comment!

Stay Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment