Charlotte

Charlotte

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hangman is a boring piece of garbage

Great news! Me and Mitch and the dogs have found somewhere to live! We move in April 1st so bare with me during the next three weeks while I purge anarchy my belongings, pack, move, and then unpack.

But! Tonight I found time to watch a movie I was excited for and it turned out to be a boring piece of garbage....let's talk about it!!

Hangman (2015)


The premise of this film intrigued me because I am absolutely terrified of home invasions. I thought it would be great like The Purge or The Strangers, or literally any other horror movie ever. Nope. It was terrible.

A family goes on vacation, and while on vacation a man breaks into their home and moves into their attic. He inserts cameras all over the house and fucks with everything. The family comes home and freaks out because they believe they've been broken into. Then the creeper monitors the family for weeks (or months idek) and comes out of his hidey hole to stalk the younger daughter as she goes on dates, to loom over the beds while they all sleep, and to spit in the orange juice container (??????).


The movie itself is boring. Like incredibly boring. You're just watching grainy footage of a family go about their day. The daughter fails math, the son has nightmares, and the couple have sex. Riveting. Even when the creep factor "ramps up" it's SO BORING. No jump scares, no violence, no creepy moments. Just boring, overused, horror tropes.

There's no clear story as to why this creep is invading their home. I mean, I got what they were trying to say, but it was murky and poorly written.

And there's so many damn plot holes!! Like how can you hear the people speaking inside their car when the camera is across the street? Has he secretly put mics on these people? At one point he steals an entire giant vase of flowers. The mother notices and then is over it immediately. If I noticed something in my house missing I would lose my damn mind. I lose my ipod and I'm convinced there's an intruder (turned out it had fallen down the heating vent). And how is no one noticing him? He's living in the attic and you can't hear that? He's moving around your bedroom at night and you can't hear that??!???! 

Bleh. This movie sucked. Don't watch it. I'm offended by how bad it is. I should've just watched Captain America Winter Solider for the 10000th.

0/10

I'm sad about how bad this movie is.

Stay spooky!


No comments:

Post a Comment