Charlotte

Charlotte

Saturday, February 27, 2016

In which I am stressed and blab on about Stephen King a lot

Hey guys,
I'm still alive, sorry for the lack of updates. What with the new pup in the house, worrying about having to move soon, constant money struggles, and a busy few weeks at work...I haven't found time to watch any horror films. And believe me I'm devastated about it. But enough woe is me, let's get into some horror news with my absolute promise that soon I will be posting reviews again here!

The Purge: Election Year. We spoke about it last time. We're excited for it. But they've released new marketing and it's absolutely on point.

They released a new trailer that reads like a campaign video and it's priceless! Check it out here and here's the new poster:


I love this! As a Canadian watching on as America goes through their campaigning right now, I think this is a hilarious choice by The Purge and makes me love the franchise that much more.


Things with 10 Cloverfield Lane are just getting completely out of control in the best way possible. Including, a guy digging up a box and finding USB's inside that the studio planted in a damn field in the middle of nowhere. I'll stop updating about it until I see the film because it's too much to explain, but I'm following along closely, and you can too by checking out R/10cloverfieldlane


Rings has been pushed back once again until October of this year. I'm starting to lose faith/stop caring about this film. Just throw that shit on VOD and let us have what we want damnit!


There's talks of Stephen King's The Mist being turned into a tv show on Spike? Which....I don't love? The short story was flawless, the movie was even better...soooooo....let's just leave it? I guess King has given his blessings and Spike has given the pilot order for it. Christian Torpe and Dimension Films are involved. I just...do we really need another TV show about the "end of the world"? Because that's all I can really think of them doing. The Mist follows a group of people, specifically a son and his dad, as they are all trapped within a supermarket as a mist filled with monsters envelops the world around them. In the short story, the mist never ends, in the movie, the mist is clearing up. But either way they go, really all this is is another "post apocalyptic" type show. Booooooring.


Speaking of Stephen King (which I basically always am), I recently re-read Cell because they've made that into a movie but I'm hoping like freakin' crazy that it turns out well. I'd only read the book once before so I barely remembered anything from it when re-reading it. It's an absolutely great book that you can't put down. And it's still, in fact even more so, easy to relate to today. Starring Stacy Keach, Isabelle Fuhrman, John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson, Cell tells the story of a powerful signal that is broadcast across cell phone networks worldwide. All of the users' minds are instantly re-programmed. Clay survives this and heads off to search for his wife and son, picking up a rag tag group of survivors along the way. Stephen King himself wrote the screenplay so I'm so damn excited!!




I've also just started re-reading IT for the tenth or so time and even though the movie keeps getting pushed around and changing hands, I'm still so ready for this two part horror fest. Even if it takes four more years to make.



Alright, that's it for today. Again, I apologize for the lack of reviews, I'm the worst. I will get back to horror movies hopefully this weekend! And hopefully my stress level comes waaaaay down.

Stay spooky ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment