Charlotte

Charlotte

Saturday, September 12, 2015

HORROR HAPPENINGS (what? no!)

Happy Saturday ya'll! 
I had a surprise cold sneak up on me yesterday so I've been hacking up some nasty shit and had an embarassing coughing fit in the middle of the library. Although I should've known, I kept walking into walls for two days which is uaully a good sign something's not right. So now i'm covered in bruises and kleenex.

 
My charger for my laptop also shit the bed which I had a minor panic attack over this morning. But I saved the day by using tape to fix it. Not sure how long it will last. But praise Oprah, because I will have my laptop for the weekend to watch horror movies and live tweet celebrity big brother. 

Mitch is in Victoria and I'm going to put up the Halloween decorations tonight, most likely while watching Halloween. It's also Mitch's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!! (I don't think he actually reads this)

The reason for this update is not to complain about my cold, even though I did, but to share some of the horror news that came out this week.

Let's talk about it!


This week Stephen King was awarded the 2014 National Medal of the Arts for "his remarkable storytelling with his sharp analysis of human nature." He was awarded the medal by President Barack Obama.
I was a very proud fan and it is truly well deserved. Stephen King has been, and always will be, my favorite author, since the ripe young age of 11. He's such a massive part of my life and I would be half the person I am today without his many amazing books. King is truly wonderful and I'm thankful every day for him.

You can watch Obama present him with the medal here:


What a beautiful precious sunflower.

Next up...Funko's POP! is releasing Freddy Krueger with syringe fingers!!!!!!!!!!! From the iconic Dream Warriors scene. It's absolutely amazing and I can't wait to add him to my horror vinyl collection.


HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm obsessed.
You can only buy it on some Australian site right now which is hella weird, but I'm gonna cross my syringe fingers that it becomes available world wide soon.


Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those peepers, jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those eyes.

That's right ya'll...JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 IS A GO!!
It starts filming next year right here in fucking Vancouver guys. So I'm gonna try my hardest to be an extra in that film and complete my dream of getting an imdb credit of something random like "armless victim #3".
The movie will be made by the original creative team who brought us the amazing first two films, including writer and director Victor Salva. Even better? Jonathan Breck is going to play the creeper again. YASSSSSS!!!! Screw your remakes, give me sequels on sequels on sequels.
According to Bloody Disgusting the film will show the events on the last day of the creeper's 23 day feeding frenzy. Because as we all remember well, every 23rd spring for 23 days that monster gets down and dirty. Sergent Tubbs will team up with a task force who will destory the Creeper for good. OR WILL THEY.

We'll find out soon enough.

This makes me so happy.

Let's watch the trailer for the original movie and reminisce on that tunnel of dead bodies:


And last, but not least, we finally have a proper trailer for American Horror Story: Hotel. We've had a tone of images and story ideas thrown our way. More than I would've liked to be completely honest. But we've got a pretty good idea of what this season is all about.


I feel like this season might be a transitional one as we're getting a bunch of new cast members, and I don't mean to judge...but it's a lot of cast members who seem more suited to the set of Glee. BUT...Ryan Murphy hasn't done me wrong yet so I will stay strong. Never forget that murderous rampage ending of Freakshow. NEVER FORGET HOW GLORIOUS THAT WAS.

If you've been living under a rock for the past month....AHS Hotel will feature Lady Gaga in the lead, replacing Jessica Lange for the past four seasons. She plays a vampiric blood and sex obsessed hotel owner. The original hotel owner, played by Evan Peters, is based off of H.H. Holmes, and so is the hotel itself. It also takes inspiration from the famous Chelsea Hotel. Our creepy icon this year is a dildo wearing demon, we've also got a serial killer on our hands, and....Adam Lambert?

Hold your judgement though, I'm sure we've felt like this every year. But somehow every year Ryan Murphy manages to pack a whole of shit into one season and usually wraps it all up at the end with a bow. Asylum is still the greatest season of TV EVER imo and nothing will beat that flawless, crazy ride, but here's to hoping that Hotel will come close.

 
Watch the trailer below:


Alright,
That's it for this weeks' horror news. Obviously a tone happened, but those are the four things that got me excited enough to blog about. I'm going to head back to decorating this house for Halloween and eating leftover cake out of a tupperware container because that's just how I live it up.

Stay spooky!


1 comment: