Charlotte

Charlotte

Thursday, January 15, 2015

what i'm watching next (spoiler alert; it's horror movies)

This happens every year - I binge watch horror movies from July to October and then purge on TV shows for November and December. But here we are, new year, new month, and my incredible urge to constantly watch horror movies is back.

So here's the ones I'll be delving into for the next little while:

TUSK
From my beloved Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier comes perhaps the weirdest film of the year; Tusk. I remember listening to the podcast that sparked it all, walking to the grocery store and back one sunny afternoon and thinking fuck I hope he goes through with this. And here we are. If nothing else, Kevin Smith delivers. I've heard not so great things, and I've heard amazing things about this movie. But I know I will love it because Kevin Smith gets me on a spiritual level. MY BODY IS READY (to turn into a walrus).

OUIJA
I know this movie will be average. I feel it in my soul. When I watched the trailer it showed me the entire movie including all the scary parts. I fucking hate when horror movies do that. And it makes me worry the movie itself is lackluster and a waste of time. BUT I also have this itch that tells me it might be in the same kind of boat as Final Destination, as in teens getting murdered in gruesome ways with typical jump scares and a "clever" twist of an ending. And I'm one hell of a sucker for those types of films.

ANNABELLE 
I am so excited for this moooovieeeeee. I love everything and anything to do with the Warrens' and their cases. I absolutely adored The Conjuring and I've heard this film has the same type of beautiful imagery and subtle but terrifying scares. I want to be SCARED by Annabelle or at least enjoy the shit out of it.

JESSABELLE
All I remember about this movie is the main character is in a wheel chair, it's set in the Louisiana swamps (maybe?) and the mom dies leaving something for her daughter (I think?). Idk. I watched the trailer months and months ago. But I was intrigued. And a little southern ghost story sits just right with me.

THE PURGE: ANARCHY
The sequel to The Purge. Basically same shit different streets right? But I loved the first one, and I'm fully aware the second one will be the same kind of stuff, and I still want to see it and enjoy it. Simple as that! (I hope).

HOUSEBOUND
A horror movie from New Zealand I heard about in 2013. Somewhat comedy, somewhat horror. The story of a girl moving back in with her parents and finding out the house is haunted. My knowledge is minor on this but I've read some great reviews.

DRACULA UNTOLD
This is just guilty pleasure because I think the lead guy is gorgeous. I will probably hate this movie, I probably won't get all the way through. But I'm willing to try. For like half an hour. Honestly, I don't even know why I put this on here.

WILLOW CREEK
A BIG FOOT MOVIE THAT'S ACTUALLY SCARY. I hope. Also I just realized there's a lack of found footage film on this list which is refreshing but this one is found footage so there goes that. Something about a couple in the woods, maybe the wife believes, maybe the husband doesn't? idk. that might just be an episode of Finding Big Foot. Regardless, I remember being excited for this one.

V/H/S VIRAL
The end of a beautiful, terrifying, bizarre, refreshing anthology trilogy of found footage with multiple directors. And this ending doesn't look like it dissapoints. Wasn't it something about a video of an ambulance going viral so everyone tries to make viral videos and shit goes wack? Isn't there a scene with a girl in the shower and then she dissapears and there's a lot of blood?
Guess I'll find out.

EXTRATERRESTRIAL
AN ALIEN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! I fucking love alien movies. Oh god, I love them so much. This also might be found footage? Honestly, all I remember from the trailer was a dude getting straight up PROBED and I couldn't even.

You know what this list taught me?
My memory is terrible. I watch too many trailers. I cannot wait to binge horror movies again.

(Edited Jan. 22) Adding to the list:
The Canal
The Guest

No comments:

Post a Comment