Charlotte

Charlotte

Tuesday, January 15, 2013



Hellllloooooo readers and accidental clickers,
Much has happened since my last late night blog post. It is not late night right now, but early evening. And I am lurking around a coffee shop where I have been for hours, sipping the same cup of iced coffee, taking advantage of the free wifi. Mostly I've been job hunting, but also catching up on my youtube subscriptions, reddit comments, and downloading new podcasts. You know...the important things in life.
So where I left off last time was before I traveled home to Calgary to see my family/friends. I have since returned and had a great and wonderful time. Except for the plane rides both there and back which were turbulence filled and delayed and storm ridden. Thanks Alberta, for your totally schizophrenic weather. I do not miss that.

Returning home I got to have a second Christmas where I unwrapped many a joyous present from my family and gave to them my homemade gifts because I am poor. I spent the weekend with some great friends, but most importantly (just kidding...maybe) I saw THE HOBBIT FINALLLYYYYY on Monday. And I was so happy, I shed tears, and drank a lot of soda, and got the collectors cup complete with a Gandalf action figure. It was so perfect and great and everything I wanted out of that movie. My only complaint was that it was not 6 hours long. Seriously, with a little more soda and maybe some french fries, I could've easily sat there for 3 more hours in middle earth. Because, who are we kidding here, I wish I was always in Middle Earth.

I was also reunited with the female love of my life; Oprah. We stayed up till the early hours of the morning watching horror movies, drinking, chain smoking till we almost vomited, and eating potato chip sandwiches. Sometimes I get really sad that we don't live close anymore, but then I realize if we were neighbors, nothing would ever be accomplished. I mean, any time she calls, I literally drop anything I'm doing and answer. I could be delivering a baby (just go with it) and Oprah could call and I would tell that woman to push it out herself because I needed to discuss the deadliest catch with my best friend.

That's true, overly attached, friendship.

So we've moved to our new home and it is really great. Super safe, super awesome, better than any place ever. We're both very happy. And planning a house warming party. Well....Mitch is planning, I'm too busy finishing The Walking Dead Compendium 1 to notice. Also I have no friends to invite...so my end of the planning was "yes, that day sounds fine." /as I check my non existence social calender.

Tony is over the moon about our new place. We took him to see the ocean for the first time and he was delirious with excitement. Seriously. He was running around like a maniac trying to knock people off their bikes and peeing everywhere and just....Tony.

Here he is (don't let that grumpy face fool you, he always looks like that, and this was one of MANY photos I forced him to pose for. He is happy.....);



Anyway, lots of great things are happening for us in 2013. It's been really perfect so far. But I must head home and stop staring at a computer screen. Note to self; stop forgetting your glasses at home when you plan on spending 4 hours looking at your computer.

Farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment