Charlotte

Charlotte

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Upcoming Horror Movies - a completely biased list

Upcoming Horror Movies - a completely biased list

Let's take a look at the upcoming horror movies and the ones I'm excited for!
Aka this is a completely biased list of upcoming horror movies that I'm excited for but you may not be.
But that's how I role.



Of course - first up is the new Blair Witch. I am still shook from that reveal and I'm trying to be brave enough to go see this in theatres. Premiering September 16th this movie follows Heather's brother after he's sent a tape that supposedly shows Heather and her friends. The brother heads out to the Black Hills Woods with a group of his own friends and shit goes down.

I'm trying to ignore all the trailers and the hype about this film as I just want to see it myself and not let my expectations get in the way. Which is kind of why I want to see it in theatres as soon as possible.

I'm also hoping so hard that they don't show the witch, which rumor has it they don't.

Check out the latest episode of Shock Waves on iTunes where they sit down with the writer of this new Blair Witch, Simon Barrett.



Next up is Jack Goes Home which premiers on VOD and in select theatres October 14th. It has a phenomenal cast with Rory Culkin in the lead role as Jack, a guy whose Dad just died and now he's headed home to deal with everything. But when he gets home he finds a tape from his Dad telling him to go to the attic. When he heads up, shit gets wild. I'm guessing. The trailer doesn't reveal too much, thank god. It also stars Nikki Reed, Natasha Lyonne and Lin Shaye.



Then it's time for Rob Zombie's 31 which ya'll know I've been hyped on for a long time now. I can't WAIT to see this movie. It had an initial release on September 1st and some of the reviews I've read (people are SO critical of Zombie...what's with that?) say it's very "rob zombie" which to that I say....good? That's why I like his movies? The actual premier date, I believe, is October 21st but I don't think it's getting too wide of a release. So I'm hoping for a quick VOD release.

Sheri Moon Zombie of course stars in all her glory in a story about 5 carnival workers who are kidnapped and forced to play a game where only one of them can survive. There's violence, there's clowns, there's probably nudity.....I mean....gimme that VOD.


This next one I am EXTREMELY hesitant about because I despised the original. Ouija came out in 2014 and I turned it off half way through and angry blogged about. It was garbage. I was insulted. But damnit if this sequel doesn't look 100000 times better? I'm just a sucker for horror movies set in the 60's and I'm fascinated with the whole faking séances thing that used to happen a lot back then. Those con artists got so creative. And in this movie those fake séances turn into real ones after the mom brings home a Ouija board and her youngest daughter basically go nuts. It looks so good but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be shit.
The movie is called Ouija: Origin of Evil and is premiering October 20th I think? Premier dates are so confusing.


Coming October 28th is the much awaited sequel/remake/reboot/who knows anymore to The Ring and The Ring 2 ....Rings. 14 years after the original adaptation we have a new story which is basically the same story. The video is no longer a V/H/S it's online and it still kills you after 7 days. Samara is still kicking around only this time it looks like she's trying to possess the main character instead of simply killing her. So maybe Samara is finally sick of living in the bottom of a well? We'll find out! Hooray! I'm really rooting for this one.


Shut In looks pretty spooky and intense so I'm adding that on here. Naomi Watts plays the mother, Jacob Tremblay plays the little boy and Charlie Heaton (aka baby Norman Reedus) plays her son. Naomi Watts' character is a widowed child psychologist who saves a little boy in a winter storm and then...he dies? I think? I have no idea, the trailer is kind of confusing but I am HERE for this spooky, isolated, winter horror film. Released on November 11th. Probably? Again, don't trust me on these dates.


It's been a great year for horror so far, and in fact horror movies were really the only ones who made a splash at the box office this summer. Looks like the rest of the year will hold up too!

Tomorrow Mitch is off to Victoria and my weekend of horror movie binge watching BEGINS!

Stay spooky!

ps; can I just toot my own horn for a second? look at all the videos I finally managed to embed....it's been a long, useless road...but we've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment