Charlotte

Charlotte

Monday, May 16, 2016

The Rocky Clown Exorcist Show - I'd watch it?

Hello fellow spooks,

Friday the 13th has come and gone. Sadly, the only one we get this year. I spent mine on the couch watching Red Dragon and reading Hannibal (I'm going through a Hannibal phase...again). I also watched Silence of the Lambs and got emotional about how perfect that film is. I re-watched Texas Chainsaw (no massacre) and hated it even more than the first two times. So I should probably stop watching it. I've got some horror movies geared up to watch and blog about, so bare with me. I did just pick up Joe Hill's new book The Fireman so I kind of just want to do nothing but read that right now.

But I'll break the silence with a bit of horror news:

Insidious 4 announced!

Insidious 4 will be hitting theaters October 2017 which feels like a really long time from now? But still exciting. Lin Shaye will be back as our favorite parapsychologist Elaine Rainer. Leigh Whannell will write the film with Jason Blum and James Wan in the producer seats. It will be directed by Adam Robitel who made the great film The Taking of Deborah Logan. Which makes me want to re-watch that and do a post about it because it was pretty phenomenal.

Honestly, I'm thrilled. Unlike Sinister, Insidious has managed to maintain a good story line throughout with some genuine scares. Of course, none of the sequels/prequels come close to the original but they're still a lot of fun and I'm not sick of it yet. So keep them coming!

Check out my review of Insidious 3 here
(also side note - don't google 'insidious fan art'...there's some weird shit down that rabbit hole)
Don't Breathe!
A trailer has dropped for the new film that we've been hearing about for AGES; Don't Breathe. It's released on August 26th and tells the story of three teenagers who break into a home of a blind man who supposedly has a lot of money hidden away. But the blind man turns out to be a bit of a psychopath and they find themselves locked inside the house trying to escape with their lives.
It's produced by Sam Raimi, who of course brought us Evil Dead, and stars Jane Levy, Daniel Zovatto, Stephen Lang, and Dylan Minnette.
Watch the trailer here but heads up they show A LOT of the film in there so if you don't want to be spoiled by another horror movie trailer who can't tell subtly from their own ass, don't watch it. Just wait for the film.
Clown gets a US release!
If you haven't had the chance to watch Clown yet...DO IT.
Clown was first started as a fake trailer that allegedly got Eli Roth's attention in 2010. Jon Watts uploaded the trailer and pretended Eli Roth was producing it. He ended up getting his wish because Roth decided to go ahead and produce it. And in 2012 the movie was filmed with Jon Watts directing.
Two years ago it was released in Europe but was never given a North American release...until now.
Luckily Dimension Films and Anchor Bay Entertainment swooped in and saved the day and now you'll be able to see it in theaters and on demand on June 17th.
I will definitely be going to see it in theaters as the copy I watched was not legal and was a little blurry. But from what I could squint at I LOVED IT. And I mean, ya'll know I'm a Roth fan so take my advice with a grain of salt. But this movie is SO GOOD!!!
The premise is about a father named Andy who puts on a clown suit and makeup to perform for his son's birthday but of course, the suit he rented came from a creepy guy and so when Andy tries to take the suit and makeup off...it doesn't come. He's stuck within the clown suit. His personality also slowly begins to change and Andy must try to break the curse of the suit to be free forever. 

GUY ITS SO GOOD!! There's this one scene that like...ugh...I wanna talk about it so bad but I don't want to spoil it just yet...but let's just say....it blew my mind....
You'll laugh when you see the film. Or you won't...because that's a pretty fucked up scene.

Rocky Horror and The Exorcist!
Fox has released two new trailers today and both of them are important. To me. Mostly, just me.
The first being for their new adaptation of The Exorcist. Watching the trailer, it's not what I expected but I'm still intrigued. I'm super hesitant though. All the horror TV shows I've been excited for lately have been such a flop and I'm worried this might be another...
Watch that here
And The Rocky Horror Picture Show which will be broadcast live on Fox this October!!! I'm INCREDIBLY excited for this. I've watched all the live musicals that TV has been giving us these past few years but this one....THIS ONE. They describe it as a "re-imagining" though which is basically code for "don't be mad at us, we made a lot of changes". It will be directed by Kenny Ortega and has Laverne Cox in the lead role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter...WE ARE NOT WORTHY YA'LL.
Oh, AND Tim Curry will be in it!!!!!!!!!
Watch it here
Alright that's it for this time! Till the next...
Stay spooky~!

No comments:

Post a Comment