Charlotte

Charlotte

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ash vs Cooties vs Red Dragon (it's pronounced Fronkonsteen)


Another year, another San Diego Comic Con I am not attending. Alas, I spent the weekend lying on the couch binge watching Glee and Happy Endings. My life gets reallllll light hearted comedy sometimes ya'll.
But, while making sure I roll over every few hours on the couch to avoid bed sores, I have been following along with the many updates pouring out of Comic Con. And there are MANY things to get rowdy about...
  • Margot Robbie's already obviously flawless performance as Harley Quinn
  • Suicide Squad in general (sorry B v S, no one currr)
  • THE STAR WARS PANEL
  • The Star Wars behind the scenes reel (IS THIS EVEN REEL IDEK IM DEAD)
  • Harrison Ford
  • Nerdist presents Comic Con the musical
  • Amazing cosplay
  • Deadpool
  • I mentioned Star Wars right?
BUT
On the horror spectrum, we got some great news coming out between the cracks, so let's talk about it:

First up


Victor Frankenstein! A new Frankenstein movie that doesn't include the old school Frankenstein monster and can make everyone forget about the travesty that was I, Frankenstein. I mean, really, WHAT WAS THAT?! Daniel Radcliffe and the director Paul McGuigan sat down with Jessica Chobot at the Conival and shared a few tid bits about the movie. Most importantly....there will be more than one monster!! Radcliffe also shares about his experience working as a character with a disfigurement. You can check out the panel here .
Victor Frankenstein stars James McAvoy as Frankenstein, and Daniel Radcliffe as Victor Igor. Written by Max Landis, the movie is told from Igor's perspective and watches the transformation of Victor into the mad scientist we lost along the way in film history. It's released on November 25th of this year.


(never forget)


We also got more details on Crimson Peak, and apparently they had a super cool virtual reality tour of the house. Which, btw, they built specifically for this film with working elevators!! Guillermo del Toro can literally do no wrong, you sweet horror loving prince. He also sat down with the Nerdist podcast which hopefully we can hear soon. Also, Guillermo announced he would be turning his movie into a maze at this years Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood. So ima need someone to film a walk through please and thanks.
Crimson Peak is a "gothic romance horror" set in a creepy ass mansion in England during the 19th century. It has an amazing cast including Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, and Charlie Hunnam.
Check out the trailer here


Next up we got lots of goodies for a movie I am incredibly excited about.....my alter ego; KRAMPUS!!!
This is billed as a horror comedy all about the horrifying story of Krampus, a german folk lore about a demon like figure that goes after children who have been bad. And instead of pulling toys out of his sack for them, he puts them in it.


He's the best.
Krampus was all set up at Comic Con giving us a little glimpse of what Krampus could possibly look like. You can view the images here
The movie stars an amazing cast including Adam Scott and Allison Tolman. It will be released on December 4th.


This weekend was also all about the boomstick baby! That's right, I'm talking about Ash vs Evil Dead - the new series hitting Starz on Halloween this year. We got a trailer, we got a panel, we got a tone of images.
Basically it was a great weekend to be Ash.
And you know, I think we're in good hands here. The trailer was the perfect amount of humor, ridiculousness, creepy images, and SO MUCH GORE. YES BITCH. Once I'd finished the trailer I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn't just had a fan dream. I'm not even going to bother to explain what this show is about. I mean, the title kind of tips you off?
Also, side note, if you ever get a chance to see Bruce Campbell in person, please fucking do it. I went to his panel two years ago here at the Vancouver Fan Expo and I peed a tiny bit from laughing so damn hard. That man is an entertainer and a charmer to the utmost.
Bloody Disgusting posted the entire panel here
And you can watch the trailer here
(side note - i just stopped typing to watch the trailer again, it's perfect)





credit

Obviously, we were all deeply saddened when we learned of Hannibal not being renewed after their third season. But honestly, I'm shocked we got this far. That show is just too niche I think, and those crime scenes.....every single one I just sit there yelling HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED ON TV THIS IS AMAZING. I'm looking at you - eye collage of dead bodies. But, we can thank our lucky stars that at least we have a season three and the return to film of one of my personal favorite evil fictional characters of all time - Francis Dolarhyde aka the tooth fairy aka the red dragon.
And he's played by Richard Armitage which is going to give me some weird Thorin/Dolarhyde fantasies that I am not ready for.
So while Amazon and Netflix passed on bringing Hannibal back to life, during Comic Con we were told there could be a possible movie. Showrunner Bryan Fuller revealed that a movie isn't exactly out of the cards. "We're looking at the possibility of a feature".
And that's all we need to keep on believing in Hannibal.
They also released a trailer sharing A LOT more of Richard's portrayal of Dolarhyde and my body is ready. (seriously....this thing is 6 minutes long) ALSO ZACHARY QUINTO!!!!!!!!!!! EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!
Check it out here


And last but not least, Cooties was screened for some lucky attendees of comic con and I was super jealous. A new horror zombie comedy that speaks to my soul as not only is it children zombies...but they contact the virus by eating tainted chicken nuggets.
Like
Did I write this script and not remember?
The film stars Elijah Wood, Jack McBrayer and marks the return to horror of Rainn Wilson.
Check out the trailer here
And watch Elijah Wood's ten minute panel when he sits down with Chris Hardwick at Conival and talks about Cooties and horror movies in general. Check that out here

Alright,
That's it from me. I'm still trying to re-brand here, as if anyone notices, but that's why I'm not updating as much. Also I went through a horror movie dry spell. But I'm back on track. Mitch leaves for Edmonton tomorrow and I have a week to occupy myself which means horror movies all night long while camping out on the couch. I live wild, I know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment