Charlotte

Charlotte

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Chucky, Rings, and my lump


Well hey there! I sort of bailed on everything but let me explain - instead of New Years Scream, Mitch's flight got screwed up. He flew all the way to Vancouver only to have the plane fly all the way back to Edmonton and then BACK TO VANCOUVER AGAIN. All because we had a little snow fall. Our city doesn't handle winter well. We're actually in a salt crisis right now and all the sidewalks are icy as fuck. I digress, I went and surprised Mitch at the airport with beer but because of all the delays and what not we didn't get home until 11. So we played two games of crib and then went to sleep.

THEN I went back to work and had an appointment with a doctor to take a look at a lump that's growing out of the side of my face. I'm convinced it's the twin I absorbed in utero coming back for revenge. But the doctor does not agree and I will be getting it surgically removed from my face on the 19th. (I'm still convinced they'll find teeth and hair inside of it)

SO clearly I've been distracted with my body continuously falling apart BUT I have some time now as I'm at the brewery while Mitch does a Saturday brew, so let's talk about some of the horror news that's come out:

RINGS

We've got a final trailer, we've got a new poster, and we are creeping ever closer to the premier of Rings.


How great is that poster? LOVE IT.



And there's the trailer. I have to say I'm more on-board after seeing this trailer. I can tell I'm going to enjoy it but I can also tell the CG is going to annoy me. There's a lot in that little trailer.  BUT I'm still here for it and you can watch it in theaters February 3rd.

Mitch will not be watching this with me as his school took him to see The Ring in the theater when he was young and it traumatized him. Which, by the way, what kind of school takes young children to go see The Ring????? And why didn't I go there? Also it's ironic as he's dating me and I am basically Samara's body double. But okay.

Speaking of Samara, coming to Shudder on January 26th is the face off we've all been waiting for.....

SADAKO VS KAYAKO

Coming exclusively to Shudder (go subscribe to them if you're not already. $4.99 a month for basically a netflix of curated horror...it's amazing.) They did a quick review of this film on Shockwaves the other day and it sounds like it will be a tone of fun. The Grudge vs. The Ring...I mean....come on...
And remember how great the marketing campaign was? The instagram family photos? The baseball game? So great.

You can watch the trailer over at Vulture

CULT OF CHUCKY

My boy is back.

We've heard the rumors, we've seen the photo, and now we know it to be completely true. Chucky 7 is happening and Don Mancini is about to start filming in Manitoba. Oh, and best news, it will arrive in time for Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!! Filming begins on January 9th and Alex Vincent will be playing grown up Andy again, and Nica will be back played by Brad Dourif's daughter Fiona. AND...AND...Tiffany is back. JENNIFER TILLY IS BACK. And not just a cameo, seems like she's playing a pretty major role in the plot.



Universal released the announcement video and it's pretty great.

I'm already planning some sort of Chucky themed month long party for October.

Continuing on the Chucky route....Bloody Disgusting just brought attention to a great video that's popped up on youtube. It's a VHS Screener from 1989 when Child's Play was headed to VHS. See, back in the day studios would send VHS Screeners to video shops to convince them to buy their VHS and sell it in their store. But Child's Play went above and beyond and made a great video where Chucky himself brags about how much money the movie made, takes shots at Freddy and Jason, and reads all the great reviews it got back in the day. There's some footage from the movie and some behind the scenes footage and a song.....there's a song...and it's about Chucky...and I can't believe I'm just hearing it now. My life is changed.

Watch below


Alright, that's it for me today. I've got an idea for an upcoming challenge but I'm still working on it.....i'll be right back....

Stay Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment