Charlotte

Charlotte

Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Happy October everyone!!
The greatest month of the year, the greatest feeling ever, the most amazing holiday of all time, and my lucky month ^_^
I love October so much that this year I made September the prequel to October and decorated for Halloween Sep. 1st.
And this year I am participating in *insert booming announcer voice* THE HORROR MOVE CHALLENGEEEEE.
Which tldr; I watch a horror movie every day of the month. 

I got the list off of dreadit and am basically just participating alone, but hey, what else is new?
So I promised myself I would do little recaps along the way to try and get myself blogging again. I've been obsessed with reading all these wonderfully geeky, clever girl blogs lately and I'm super jealous.
Then I remember I have a blog.
I just suck.
SO HERE WE GO
(Warning: Spoiler Alert ahead. None of these movies are new so you can’t get mad.)



DAY ONE: ROSEMARY'S BABY
What a great way to start off the month with a horror classic like this one. I’ve seen it so many times I’ve lost track and read the book god knows how many times. The whole story is just so flawless and exciting and scary. And this movie just holds up no matter how long it’s been since you’ve last seen it. If you haven’t seen Rosemary’s Baby and you consider yourself a horror fan, you suck. Let’s be real. This is a classic.




DAY TWO: THE POSSESSION
I watched this film on a whim a few months ago actually in the summer. Scared myself shitless when I paused the film to go out for a smoke, came back in, got comfy and looked up to find a GIANT moth on my ceiling. I thought my life was over. I really did. It also has Jeffrey Dean Morgan who is Papa Winchester and so I would’ve loved it even if it was terrible. But it’s not. It’s a nice mix of jumpy and chilling. And I love the scene when the camera keeps flashing and the spirit gets closer and closer. LOVE IT. I snapchatted it to Oprah while I was watching mainly because I keep telling her to watch this movie and she never does.




DAY THREE: BRIDE OF CHUCKY
This movie. This fucking movie. I remember watching it when I was probably 14? And I thought Jennifer Tilly was so bad ass and I wanted to be just like her. I’m a huge fan of the Chucky movies and can’t wait to see the new Curse of Chucky. I just think the whole thing is so ridiculous and Chucky is just so sassy, how could you not love him? I also like that this movie really screws with your head because you’re rooting for the two bad guys, but then you’re also rooting for the two runaway teens. It’s a hot mess of a film and I love it forever.


 

DAY FOUR: THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
Cabin in the Woods is the perfect horror film in my opinion. (And I said my opinion, so you can’t debate it) It’s just such a great shout out to horror films and the genre in general. The typical teens (after a little bit of meddling) going off into the woods, the fact that they choose their own fate, the comedic relief of Gary and Steve. And the part I love the most, and leads me to watch this movie over and over again, is the scene with all the glass boxes and you get to see all the monsters. The truly great thing about this film though is the infinite amount of possibilities. The characters can choose ANYTHING from that basement, and something different will happen. 


DAY FIVE: POLTERGEIST 3
This was my first time watching this film. I saw the first when I was very young, so I had to do a little reading up on it to remind myself of what had happened. I think I saw the second one at 13? Anyway, I really enjoyed the film, it had a few jumpy parts which were fun but at the end of the day, it’s the end of a trilogy…so there’s not much to say. Although I found out the little girl in the movies died near the end of filming this movie so there’s that fun fact ~



DAY SIX: THE GOOD SON
Tbh I wish I paid more attention to this movie because the parts I really paid attention to were amazing. And it’s young Elijah Wood so you know it’s going to be good. Unfortunately I was Christmas shopping at the same time and multitasking was not helping with my viewing of The Good Son. But creepy kids being sociopaths is my kind of jam. I’m actually reading a book based on a kid who killed his family members when he was like 9. But no one blamed him because he was so careful about it. It’s horrifying. So this movie is a re-watch for me in the future.


DAY SEVEN: SINISTER
It was actually Darkness Falls but I recently re-watched that and it did not hold up. The opening sequence will still be one of the scariest of all time for me just because of the fear I had when watching it at 14, but the rest was terrible. I couldn’t bare to watch it a third time, so I chose to re-watch Sinister. This movie is so scary!! I love the silent home movies, especially the lawn mower one. Which scared the shit out of me while peeling potatoes and I almost sliced my finger off. I love that storyline, I love the ending, I love creepy little children. Sinister haters are delusional. The end.


DAY EIGHT: THE PACT
I’ve never seen this film before so it was great to watch something not knowing anything about it. I was very happily surprised. It was a fantastic original storyline that kept me guessing until the last minute. It was terrifying, creepy, fast paced but not overwhelming. And it was so scary when the main character was on one side of the wall and Judas was on the other side all creepy and skinny and shirtless. I want to re-watch ASAP.

Tonight I will be watching Lizzie which I've never even heard of, let alone seen, so yeyyy, trying new things!

HAPPY OCTOBER EVERYONE
I hope you all have your Halloween decorations up already and if you're getting excited for Christmas...shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment