Charlotte

Charlotte

Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Haunting ya'll!
Hope everyone is enjoying their October and embracing the increase of candy, halloween decorations, and horror movies.
I've been trekking on with my list. Badly. I sort of diverted off of the list pretty quick. But I've still kept my month as scary as possible.
Including tomorrow night when I am embarking on a spooky train ride through Stanley Park!
Although tbh I thought this Thursday was Halloween and got really disappointed when I found out on Saturday that I'm a week ahead. But that means an extra week and a half of October so it all worked out I guess.
So here we go!

DAY NINE: LIZZIE
It was fucking terrible. The end.


DAY TEN: CARRIE 
How flawless is this film? You already know, you don't need me to tell you. I love the book, I love the film, I love the made for TV remake, and I'm sure I'll love the new one. Although Chloe is waaaaay too pretty to play Carrie. But i'll love it. Because Stephen King. I wish I was around when Carrie first came into theatres, I think it would've been amazing to see on the big screen.


DAY ELEVEN: HELLRAISER
Another flawless Halloween classic. Also super gory and gross. I hate the part where he gets the hooks in his skin and then it all pulls apart and I vomit. Also this movie is like super sexual and I was not expecting that.


DAY TWELVE: CHILDREN OF THE CORN
Another great Stephen King adaptation. Based on the short story which is amazing as well and everyone should read it. If you weren't afraid of little kids before....you're welcome. Of course it's no Village of the Damned, which I saw about two minutes of when I was seven and got so scared I couldn't sleep.

DAY THIRTEEN: EVENT HORIZON
This movie was not at all what I was expecting. It started off so amazing and super sci fi and I laughed over a young Laurence Fishburne. Then I feel like I turned away from the screen for two minutes and when I turned back shit had hit the fan. People were ripped apart, and there was some crazy Hellraiser shit going on and it was amazing!! It gets really gory though, so warning.

NEW SEASON OF SUPERNATURAL:
And this is where my list fell apart. Supernatural premiered. There's been two episodes so far and the first one was really emotional. Also Bobby came back and Sammy was dying and there's a new angel and Sam became a meat suit and Dean made some crazy decisions.
Then episode two was even better. Although I feel like Dean talked a lot. Like a lot a lot. He was basically a parent to everyone in this episode. Which was weird to see. But I appreciated it. And Cas never made it to the grand canyon and sammy was still a meat suit and we met some new hunters. I'm so happy with this season so far, and as much as I miss the old ghost hunting episodes, and getting kind of sick of angels and demons, this season is giving me life tbh.

NEW SEASON OF THE WALKING DEAD:
If you've read any of my blog, you know how much I love this show. But I was so heartbroken over how terrible the first episode was. I hated it. I won't say what happens as I feel like people would put a hit out on me over Walking Dead spoilers. But it was a let down.
Episode two however, which premiered last night, was everything I loved about this show. But I feel so bad for Rick :(
Can we just give Rick a good day? Just once, let him drink some coffee, play with his baby, go for a walk, have a nap etc. Poor guy </3
Anyway, this season is shaping up to be amazing and as long as Rick doesn't shave his face and/or die I'm pretty much content with whatever happens. 

NEW SEASON OF AMERICAN HORROR STORY COVEN:
This fucking flawless show.
Seriously.
If you're not watching this show by now, your life is a hot mess.
And this season is all about New Orlean's witches and voodoo queens.
Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, and Sarah Paulson....I mean, hi, flawless female cast? Yes, I'll hold!
This show grabs you right off the back and doesn't let go so I really have no complaints as of yet. And the opening title sequence is the coolest one so far!
I'm so intrigued by that weird stick / faerie creature in the woods!!!!!
I also love Ryan Murphy, and I love recognizing where he's drawing his inspiration this season.



DAY TWENTY: TRICK 'R TREAT
So apparently this movie is a cult favorite? And people watch it every Halloween? I feel like an idiot for never hearing of it. But I finally watched it and I loved it and already can't wait to re-watch it. It's almost...cute? And hilarious? And terrifying? 
But then again, you can't have a successful horror movie without a bit of humor. They have to make you comfortable before they scare the pants off of you.


DAY TWENTY ONE: THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
This movie means so much to me. It makes me so nostalgic for my childhood. I remember being ten and my friend's older sister came home from seeing this in the theaters and she was terrified. She slept with us in my friends room. She told us all about it and I remember thinking of ways I could sneak into the theater and see it for myself. I'd never seen someone be affected that much by a movie before and it was fascinating. And when I finally got to see it for myself, I was twelve, and I watched it alone in my basement and it scared me shitless. But I was also SO HAPPY. Because this movie is perfect.  I mean, you never even see anything!!!! It just leaves everything up to your imagination and I've got one hell of an imagination.
And then when Oprah came into my life I introduced her to this film and we spent an entire summer watching it over and over again. And to this day, we watch it together as much as possible. So watching it alone tonight was kind of sad :(
Also when I was younger I found out about this book series called The Blair Witch Files and they were friggin terrifying!!!!!!!!!!! I read and owned all of them but sadly no longer have them. And for the longest time I couldn't find anything about them, but today I channeled my inner Garcia and found them all on amazon for $0.01 each. Seriously. Can't wait to get paid and buy them all. For $0.10.

Anyway,
52 days 'till The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug.
And 10 days 'till Halloween!
Also I've changed my twitter handle to @bilbobggns and I've changed my tumblr to bilbobggns.tumblr.com for that one person who was maybe following me but probably wasn't.
Farewell!



No comments:

Post a Comment