Charlotte

Charlotte

Sunday, March 8, 2015

stuff to buy and stuff and thangs

I have spent many hours dancing through the pages of Etsy, dreaming of all the things I would love to purchase. Then I wake up the next morning and close my shopping cart and it all becomes a distant memory.
BUT recently I made my first ever purchase off of Etsy for my cosplay for Fan Expo in three weeks and I was thrilled with how easy it all was. And it opened the flood gates.

Our house is a treasure trove of horror items from a Chucky doll, to multiple stuffed birds, to horror movie posters, a bottle of vampire blood etc etc but when it comes to flaunting my love of horror on my own body, I only have 1000+ t-shirts (exaggeration) to wear with pride. This is where Etsy comes into play. The shops and their creators have a endless supply of hair bows and necklaces and bags to show how much you really love horror.

Here are my favs:

First up:
These little displays that have little trinkets inside by etsy owner youmadewhat. They have a tone of them on there from zombies to vampires to obscure old horror movies and each little display is completely unique. I am OBSESSED with these and the toughest decision will simply be choosing just one. And honestly, they're pretty fairly priced for what you're getting.
Check 'em out here


IN LOVE with these bottle cap necklaces featuring all our favorite old school movie monsters. You can get all 7 for under $10. And there's 7! So you could wear a different one every day of the week...or all at once..WHO CARES..it's your choice. I will be purchasing these ASAP.
Check 'em out here

*insert clever Poe pun*
A one of a kind Poe necklace to hang around your neck from a crazy seller who has a lot of text on her or his page that I definitely did not read. The man himself, who is fudging nuts and whose writing terrified generations. Who better to have close to your tell-tale heart?! HA! I did it!
Check it out here

I've been a fan of this girls' shop for a few years, but have never bit the bullet and bought anything. Mostly because there's SO much to choose from. Most of her store is these amazing little pouches covered with amazing vintage horror photos like Vampira, Godzilla, Rocky Horror etc. She even does a JAWS one. I'm straight up obsessed.
Check her out here

And last but not least:
Show your love for your favorite horror guys by wearing them in your hair :D
I want all of these and I will probably never wear these because I don't think I could pull off bows? But I want them ANYWAYYYY. And they're super affordable at just over $10 and are completely custom made. So maybe you'd rather have Pinhead or Rick Grimes? This could be done.
Check 'em out here

Happy daylight savings day or whatever nerds! I've been sick for four days and feel like hot garbage but the sun is shining and the Monster is pouring and things could be worse. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment